In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ayot St Peter like this:
AYOTT-ST. PETER, or Ayott-Parva, a parish in Hatfield district, Herts; 2 miles SW of Welwyn r. station. It has a post office under Welwyn. Acres, 1,100. Real property, £1,558. Pop., 234. Houses, 53. The property is not much divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £250.* Patron, Rev. E. Prodgers. The church was rebuilt in 1863.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ayot St Peter has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Welwyn Hatfield. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ayot St Peter and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ayot St Peter, in Welwyn Hatfield and Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st September 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ayot St Peter".