Place:


Shillingford  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shillingford like this:

SHILLINGFORD-ST. GEORGE, a parish in St. Thomas district, Devon; 2¾ miles W of Exminster r. station. Post town, Exeter. Acres, 397. Real property, £748. Pop., 64. Houses, 14. The property belongs to Sir L. Palk, Bart 'The living is a rectory, annexed to Dunchideock. The church was recently restored.

Shillingford through time

Shillingford is now part of Teignbridge district. Click here for graphs and data of how Teignbridge has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Shillingford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shillingford, in Teignbridge and Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2787

Date accessed: 27th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Shillingford ".