In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Aston like this:
ASTON, or Pipe-Aston, a parish in the district of Ludlow and county of Hereford; near the river Teme, 3½ miles WSW of Woofferton r. station, and 4 SW of Ludlow. Post Town, Ludlow. Acres, 920. Real property, with Burrington and Downton, £3,750. Pop., 34. Houses, 9. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £84. Patron, A. R. B. Knight, Esq.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Aston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Herefordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Aston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aston in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd August 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Aston".