In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfor like this:
LLANFAWR, or LLANFOR, a village and a parish in Bala district, Merioneth. The village stands on the river Dee, n ea r its efflux from Bala lake, and adjacent to the Corwen, Bala, and Dolgelly railway,-which was in course of formation in 1867,-1 mile NE of Bala; and has fairs on 14 Aug. and 20 Sept.The parish is divided into the townships of Bettws, Ciltalgarth, Garn, Llan, Nantllerdiog, Penmaen, Rhiwaedog-Isafon, Rhiwaedog-Uwchafon, and Uchedre. ...
Post town, Bala, under Corwen. Acres, 20,030. Real property, £8,235. Pop. in 1851,1,719; in 1861,1,531. Houses, 308. Most of the property is in one estate. Rhiwlas, a fine old mansion, is the seat of the Price family; and stands amid grounds traversed by the rapid rivulet Tryweryn, running to the Dee. A battle was fought within the parish between the Saxons and Llywarch-Hen. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Asaph. Valne, £306. *as. Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. The church is early English, in very bad condition; and contains monuments of the Prices. A new church was in contemplation in 1867. The p. curacy of Trinity, or of Rhos-y-Gwalia, is a separate benefice; and serves for a chapelry which was constituted in 1856, and had a pop. of 356 in 1861. Value, £158. Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. A part of the chapelry of St. Mark, or of Fron-Goch, also is within the parish, and, in 1861, had a pop. of 413. A part of the chapelry of St. James, or Llawr-y-Bettws, constituted in 1863, likewise is within the parish. Charities, £73. Llywerch-Hen, the poet and warrior, w ho lost 24 sons in battle, and died at the age of 150, is said to have been buried in the parish church.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfor, in Gwynedd and Merionethshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanfor ".