Place:


Newton Tracey  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Newton Tracey like this:

NEWTON-TRACEY, a village and a parish in Barnstaple district, Devon. The village stands 2¼ miles W of the river Taw, and 5 S S W of Barnstaple r. station; and has a post-office under Barnstaple. The parish comprises 336 acres. Real property, £571. Pop., 136. Houses, 34. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £67. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is old but good, and has a tower. There is a parochial school.

Newton Tracey through time

Newton Tracey is now part of North Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Newton Tracey itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Newton Tracey in North Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2753

Date accessed: 18th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Newton Tracey ".