Wormhill  Derbyshire


In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wormhill like this:

WORMHILL, a township-chapelry, with a village, in Tideswell parish, Derby; near Millers-Dale r. station, and 2¼ miles SW of Tideswell. Post town, Bakewell. Acres, 4,330. Real property, £4,903; of which £700 are in quarries. Pop., 418. Houses, 84. The property is subdivided. The manor, with W. ...

Hall, belongs to F. W. Bagshawe, Esq. The scenery is romantic; and Cheetor is reckoned one of the wonders of the Peak. The Iiving is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £270.* Patrons, Trustees. The church was restored in 1864. There are a free school, and charities £8.

Wormhill through time

Wormhill is now part of High Peak district. Click here for graphs and data of how High Peak has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wormhill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wormhill, in High Peak and Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.


Date accessed: 17th March 2018

Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wormhill ".