Place:


East Garty  Sutherland

 

The location is where a chapel is marked on the Ordnance Survey six inch map of Sutherland, Sheet XC, published in 1909 and revised in 1904 (http://maps.nls.uk/os/6inch-2nd-and-later/view/?sid=76411567, accessed 2 Jan 2013). The name "East Garty" has not been found on a map, although there are online references to "East Garty Farm".

Information about this locality is available for Loth

East Garty through time

East Garty is now part of Highland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Highland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Garty itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Garty, in Highland and Sutherland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/27099

Date accessed: 21st November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Garty ".