Place:


Black Mount  Argyll

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Black Mount like this:

Blackmount, a deer forest in the Appin district of Argyllshire, between the heads of Lochs Etive and Laidon. The property of Lord Breadalbane, it affords the finest shooting and stalking in Scotland, and in 1881 was sub-let to Sir Henry Alsopp for £4000.

Black Mount through time

Black Mount is now part of Highland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Highland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Black Mount itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Black Mount, in Highland and Argyll | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/27082

Date accessed: 23rd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Black Mount ".