Place:


Brailsford  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brailsford like this:

BRAILSFORD, a parish and a subdistrict in Ashborne district, Derby. The parish lies on an affluent of the river Dove, 6 miles W of Duffield r. station, and 6¼ SE of Ashborne; and it includes the hamlet of Ednaston, and has a post office under Derby. Acres. 4,296 Real property, £7,334. ...


Pop., 773. Houses, 156. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £673.* Patron, Earl Ferrers. The church is good; and there are two Methodist chapels and a national school.-The subdistrict contains three parishes, and parts of three others. Pop., 3,168.

Brailsford through time

Brailsford is now part of Derbyshire Dales district. Click here for graphs and data of how Derbyshire Dales has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brailsford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brailsford in Derbyshire Dales | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2688

Date accessed: 21st September 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brailsford ".