Place:


Denholme  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Denholme like this:

DENHOLME, a hamlet and a chapelry in Bradford parish, W. R. Yorkshire. The hamlet is in Thornton township; stands 4¼ miles SSW of Saltaire r. station and 5½ W of Bradford; and has a post office under Leeds. The chapelry was constituted in 1846. Pop., 2, 816. Houses, 568. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £150.* Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church is good; and there are three dissenting chapels and a national school.

Denholme through time

Denholme is now part of Bradford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bradford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Denholme itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Denholme, in Bradford and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/267

Date accessed: 17th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Denholme ".