Place:


Church End  Middlesex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Church End like this:

CHURCH-END, a village in Willesden parish, Middlesex; 6 miles WNW of St. Paul's, London. It has a post office‡ under Willesden, London NW.

The location is approximately where the name "Church End" appears on the modern 1:25,000 map, by St. Mary's church. The modern Willesden is centered more on Willesden Green. See http://www.brent-heritage.co.uk/church_end.htm, accessed 22 July 2012. Additional information about this locality is available for Willesden

Church End through time

Church End is now part of Brent district. Click here for graphs and data of how Brent has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Church End itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Church End, in Brent and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/26526

Date accessed: 15th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Church End ".