Place:


Holverston  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Holverston like this:

HOLVERSTONE, or HOLVESTON, a parish in Henstead district, Norfolk; 3 ¾ miles S of Brundall r. station, and 5½ SE of Norwich. Post town, Norwich. Acres, 480. Real property, £549. Pop., 28. Houses, 7. Holverstone Hall is a chief residence. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Burgh-Apton, in the diocese of Norwich. There is no church.

Holverston through time

Holverston is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Holverston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Holverston in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2646

Date accessed: 16th January 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Holverston ".