In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bride like this:
KIRK-BRIDE, a parish, with a village, in the N of the Isle of Man; 5 miles N by W of Ramsey. It has a post office under Ramsey, and fairs on 12 April and 6 May. Pop. in 1851, 1, 053; in 1861, 919. Houses, 183. Break o' Day Hill, on the coast, has an altitude of 298 feet; Ballacash Hill, 1¾ mile inland, 323 feet; and Point of Ayre, at the N extremity, 106 feet. A wooded hollow lies round the church, at the NE skirt of Ballacash Hill; and a low flat tract extends thence to the Point of Ayre. ...
The heights command fine views of the Scottish coast, the Lake Mountains, and the mountains of North Wales. Large boulders, many of them several tons in weight, lie on the coast, and seem to have been used as a quarry for the building of churches and other edifices. A stone circle, called Cronk-ny-Vowlan, with an internal; tumulus, is on an eminence on Shellack. A lighthouse is on the Point of Ayre, and shows a revolving light each two minutes. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Sodor and Man. Value, £300. Patron, the Crown. The church is decorated English, much altered; and has, over the chancel door, a rude sculpture of Adam and Eve in paradise. There is a village school. Moore, the reviser of the Manx Bible, was rector.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bride, in and the Isle of Man | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th October 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bride".