In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lezayre like this:
KIRK-CHRIST-LEZAYRE, a village and a parish in the Isle of Man. The village stands near the river Sulby, under the N side of North Barrule mountain, 2 miles W by S of Ramsey; had once a Cistertian priory, a cell to Furness abbey; and has now cattle fairs on 8 and 24 June. The parish is 7 miles long from N to S, and 5 miles wide from E to W; touches 8 of the other 16 parishes of the island; is traversed by the island's largest stream, the Sulby; includes or shares the island's loftiest mountains; and, excepting the tract around Douglas, contains the largest quota of gentlemen's houses. ...
Posttown, Ramsey, under Douglas, Isle of Man. Pop. in 1851, 2, 468; in 1861, 2, 520. Houses, 486. The surface is grandly diversified, and exhibits much interesting scenery. A remarkable pile of rock, called Cronk-ySamarck, signifying the "Hill of the Shamrock, " projects at the mouth of the Sulby glen; and a romantic ravine extends beyond. North Barrule, Slieu-Choar, and Snaefell mountains have altitudes of 1,842, 1,809, and 2, 024 feet; and command magnificent views. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Sodor and Man. Value, £240.* Patron, the Crown. The church is modern. The p. curacy of Sulby is a separate benefice. There are a slightly endowed school and some charities.
The location is that of Lezayre church.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lezayre, in and the Isle of Man | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 03rd August 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Lezayre".