Place:


Needingworth  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Needingworth like this:

NEEDINGWORTH, a village in Holywell parish, Huntingdon; 2 miles E N E of St. Ives. It is neatly built; and has a post-office under St. Ives, Huntingdon, a large Baptist chapel, built in 1861, and a parochial school, formerly a dissenting chapel. Sir Ambrose Nicholas, lord-mayor of London in 1576, was a native.

Additional information about this locality is available for Holywell

Needingworth through time

Needingworth is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Needingworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Needingworth in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/26106

Date accessed: 23rd January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Needingworth ".