Place:


Llwydcoed  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llwydcoed like this:

LLWYDCOED, a hamlet in Aberdare parish, Glamorgan; on the Swansea and Merthyr-Tydvil railway, 5¼ miles SW of Merthyr-Tydvil. Real property, £29,874; of which £3,657 are in mines, and £22,800 in ironworks. Pop., 1,761. The hamlet has a station on the railway, and is within Merthyr-Tydvil borough.

Additional information about this locality is available for Aberdar

Llwydcoed through time

Llwydcoed is now part of Rhondda; Cynon; Taff district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rhondda; Cynon; Taff has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llwydcoed itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llwydcoed, in Rhondda; Cynon; Taff and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/26099

Date accessed: 22nd September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llwydcoed ".