In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described All Saints like this:
CHARDSTOCK-ALL SAINTS, a chapelry in Chardstock and Axminster parishes, Dorset and Devon; adjacent to the Yeovil and Exeter railway, 2 miles NNE of Axminster. Post Town, Axminster. The chapelry was constituted in 1840. Pop., 453. Houses, 93. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £300.* Patron, the vicar of Chardstock.
The location is where the name "All Saints" appears on the modern 1:25,000 map. Additional information about this locality is available for Chardstock
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing All Saints has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Devon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering All Saints and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of All Saints, in East Devon and Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st December 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "All Saints".