Place:


Horton  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Horton like this:

HORTON, a hamlet or chapelry in Chartham parish, Kent; ½ a mile NE of Chartham village. Acres, 399. Horton Park is a meet for the East Kent hounds. The chapelry is annexed to Chartham rectory in the diocese of Canterbury,

Additional information about this locality is available for Chartham

Horton through time

Horton is now part of Canterbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Canterbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Horton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Horton, in Canterbury and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/26080

Date accessed: 23rd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Horton ".