Place:


South Hill  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described South Hill like this:

SOUTHILL or South-Hill, a parish in Liskeard district, Cornwall; 3 miles NW of Callington, and 8¼ NE of Liskeard r. station. Post town, Callington, Cornwall. Acres, 3,459. Real property, £3,951. Pop., 691. Houses, 127. The manor belongs to Lady Ashburton. The living is a rectory, united with Callington, in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £748.* Patron, Lady Ashburton. The church is ancient. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £13.

South Hill through time

South Hill is now part of Caradon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Caradon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about South Hill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of South Hill, in Caradon and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2601

Date accessed: 20th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " South Hill ".