Place:


Grafton  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Grafton like this:

GRAFTON, a hamlet in Beckford parish, Gloucester; 6 miles SSW of Evesham. Real property, £1, 328. A landslip of about 16 acres, from the side of Breedon hill, occurred here in 1764, and entirely covered the pasture-grounds below.

Additional information about this locality is available for Beckford

Grafton through time

Grafton is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Grafton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Grafton, in Wychavon and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25996

Date accessed: 24th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Grafton ".