Place:


Blisland  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Blisland like this:

BLISLAND, a parish in Bodmin district, Cornwall: on the border of the moors, 4 miles NNE of Bodmin, and 5½ N of Bodmin Road r. station. Post Town, Bodmin. Acres, 6,338. Real property, £3,649. Pop., 553. Houses, 121. The property is divided among a few. Granite, schist, stream-tin, and other minerals are found. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £571.* Patron, the Rev. F. W. Pye. The church has a fine brass of 1410; and is good. There is a Wesleyan chapel. A fair is held on 25 Sept.

Blisland through time

Blisland is now part of North Cornwall district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Cornwall has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Blisland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blisland in North Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2599

Date accessed: 20th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Blisland ".