Place:


West Wratting  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Wratting like this:

WRATTING (West), a parish, with a village, in Linton district, Cambridge; 4 miles SE of Six-Mile-Bottom r. station, and 4¾ NNE of Linton. It has a post-office under Cambridge. Acres, 3,441. Real property, £4,615. Pop., 777. Houses, 174. W. Park is the seat of W. T. Frost, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £240.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Ely. The church is ancient. There are an Independent chapel and a national school.

West Wratting through time

West Wratting is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Wratting itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Wratting in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2598

Date accessed: 19th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Wratting ".