Place:


Stainton  Cumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stainton like this:

STAINTON, a township in Dacre parish, Cumberland; on the river Eamont, 2 miles SW of Penrith It has a post-office under Penrith. Real property, £3,041; of which £37 are in quarries. Pop., 330. Houses, 69.

Additional information about this locality is available for Dacre

Stainton through time

Stainton is now part of Eden district. Click here for graphs and data of how Eden has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stainton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stainton, in Eden and Cumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25946

Date accessed: 16th January 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stainton ".