Place:


Little Blencow  Cumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Blencow like this:

BLENCOW (Little), a township in Greystoke parish, Cumberland; 4 ½ miles WNW of Penrith. It has a post office, of the name of Blencow, under Penrith. Real property, £674. Pop., 99. Houses, 13. Here is a free grammar school, founded in 1596, with income of £191, at which the first Lord Ellenborough was educated.

Additional information about this locality is available for Great Blencow

Little Blencow through time

Little Blencow is now part of Eden district. Click here for graphs and data of how Eden has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Blencow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Blencow, in Eden and Cumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25921

Date accessed: 19th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Blencow ".