Place:


Hardwick  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hardwick like this:

HARDWICKE, a parish in Caxton district, Cambridge; 2 miles N of Lord's Bridge r. station, and 4 E of Caxton. Post-town, Caxton, under Royston. Acres, 1,410. Real property, £1,413. Pop., 240. Houses, 39. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Pembroke College, Cambridge. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £288.* Patron, the Bishop of Ely. The church is early perpendicular English, and good.

Hardwick through time

Hardwick is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hardwick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hardwick in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2591

Date accessed: 22nd March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hardwick ".