Place:


Cotehill  Cumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cotehill like this:

COTEHILL, a township-chapelry in Wetheral parish, Cumberland; 4 miles SE by E of Carlisle. Acres, 2, 549. Pop., 333. Houses, 77. The living is a p. curacy. Value, £200. The chapelry was constituted in 1868.

Additional information about this locality is available for Wetheral

Cotehill through time

Cotehill is now part of Carlisle district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carlisle has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cotehill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cotehill, in Carlisle and Cumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25894

Date accessed: 19th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cotehill ".