Place:


Branthwaite  Cumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Branthwaite like this:

BRANTHWAITE, a township, with a r. station, in Dean parish, Cumberland; on the Cleator railway, 5 miles SE of Workington. Real property, £2,529. Pop., 281. Houses, 58. Stone is quarried; and there are paper and woollen mills, and a Methodist chapel.

Additional information about this locality is available for Dean

Branthwaite through time

Branthwaite is now part of Allerdale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Allerdale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Branthwaite itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Branthwaite, in Allerdale and Cumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25887

Date accessed: 21st July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Branthwaite ".