Place:


Mosser  Cumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Mosser like this:

MOSSER, a township-chapelry in Brigham parish, Cumberland; on the river Cocker, under Whinfield fell, 4 miles S of Cockermouth r. station. Post town, Cockermouth. Acres, 1,018. Real property, £1,171. Pop., 88. Houses, 18. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to General Wyndham. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £44. Patron, the Earl of Lonsdale. The church is good.

Mosser through time

Mosser is now part of Allerdale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Allerdale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Mosser itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Mosser, in Allerdale and Cumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2583

Date accessed: 22nd September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Mosser ".