Place:


Queensferry  Flintshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Queensferry like this:

QUEENSFERRY, a place in the E of Flintshire; on the river Dee and on the Chester and Holyhead railway, 6 miles S E of Flint. It has a ferry, a railway station, a post-office under Flint, and an inn.

Additional information about this locality is available for Hawarden

Queensferry through time

Queensferry is now part of Flintshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Flintshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Queensferry itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Queensferry in Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25802

Date accessed: 12th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Queensferry ".