Place:


Sewardstone  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sewardstone like this:

SEWARDSTONE, a hamlet in Waltham-Abbey parish, Essex; 2 miles S of Waltham-Abbey. Real property, £5, 998. Pop., 744. Houses, 132. S. Lodge, Yardley House, Balcony House, Gillwell, Luthers, and the Woodlands are chief residences.

Additional information about this locality is available for Waltham Holy Cross

Sewardstone through time

Sewardstone is now part of Epping Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how Epping Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sewardstone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sewardstone, in Epping Forest and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25798

Date accessed: 19th April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sewardstone ".