Place:


Cwm Ystwith  Cardiganshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cwm Ystwith like this:

CWM-YSTWITH, a place of lead mines in Cardigan; on the river Ystwith, among mountains, 13 miles ESE of Aberystwith. The mines here were first wrought by Sir T. Bonsal; have yielded large fortunes; and are still very productive.

Additional information about this locality is available for Llanfihangel Y Creuddyn

Cwm Ystwith through time

Cwm Ystwith is now part of Ceredigion district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ceredigion has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cwm Ystwith itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cwm Ystwith, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25773

Date accessed: 24th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cwm Ystwith ".