Place:


Burrough Green  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Burrough Green like this:

BURROUGH-GREEN, a parish in Newmarket district, Cambridge; 2¾ miles ESE of Dullingham r. station, and 5½ S of Newmarket. It has a post office under Newmarket. Acres, 2,217. Real property, £3,461. Pop., 427. Houses, 93. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £705.* Patron, Charles Porcher, Esq. The church is old but good, and has a tower and several ancient monuments. There is an endowed school with £30 a year.

Burrough Green through time

Burrough Green is now part of East Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Burrough Green itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Burrough Green in East Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2577

Date accessed: 20th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Burrough Green ".