Place:


Baiden  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Baiden like this:

BAYDEN, a chapelry in Llangonoyd parish, Glamorgan; 5½ miles NW by N of Bridgend r. station. Post Town, Bridgend. Pop. 339. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Llangonoyd, in the diocese of Llandaff. The church is in ruins.

Additional information about this locality is available for Llangynwyd

Baiden through time

Baiden is now part of Bridgend district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgend has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Baiden itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Baiden, in Bridgend and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25746

Date accessed: 24th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Baiden ".