Place:


Mancot  Flintshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Mancot like this:

MANCOTT, a township in Hawarden parish, Flint; on the river Dee and the Chester and Holyhead railway, 1 mile NE of Hawarden. It contains the hamlet of Little Mancott. Acres, 282. Real property, £999. Pop., 276. Houses, 58. Some of the inhabitants are employed in iron and lead mines.

Additional information about this locality is available for Hawarden

Mancot through time

Mancot is now part of Flintshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Flintshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Mancot itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Mancot in Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25711

Date accessed: 13th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Mancot ".