Place:


Weston  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weston like this:

WESTON, a township and a chapelry in Wybunbury parish, Cheshire. The township lies 2 miles SE of Crewe r. station. Acres, 1,851. Real property, £3,136. Pop., 500. Houses, 93. The manor belongs to Sir H. D. Broughton, Bart.—The chapelry was constituted in 1840. Post town, Nantwich. Pop ., 673. Houses, 124. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £54.* Patron, Sir H. D. Broughton, Bart. The church was built in 1842. There are a Wesleyan chapel and some charities.

Weston through time

Weston is now part of Crewe and Nantwich district. Click here for graphs and data of how Crewe and Nantwich has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Weston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Weston, in Crewe and Nantwich and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2566

Date accessed: 21st October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Weston ".