Place:


Forchaman  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Forchaman like this:

FORCHAMAN, a hamlet in Aberdare parish, Glamorgan; at the confluence of the Amman and the Cynon, 5½ miles SSW of Merthyr-Tydvil. Real property, £54, 871; of which £16, 718 are in mines, £15, 000 in ironworks, £90 in railways, and £480 in gas-works. See Aberdare.

The location is where the name "Forchaman" appears, somewhat illegibly, on our nineteenth century First Series map. Additional information about this locality is available for Aberdar

Forchaman through time

Forchaman is now part of Rhondda; Cynon; Taff district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rhondda; Cynon; Taff has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Forchaman itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Forchaman, in Rhondda; Cynon; Taff and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25656

Date accessed: 17th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Forchaman ".