Place:


Sarn  Montgomeryshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sarn like this:

SARN, a chapelry in Kerry and Churchstoke parishes, Montgomery; under the Kerry hills, near Offa's dyke, 4 miles S E of Abermule r. station, and 6¼ E of Newtown. It was constituted in 1860; and it has a post-office under Newtown. Pop., 641. Houses, 127. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £98. Patron, the Bishop of St. Davids.

Additional information about this locality is available for Ceri

Sarn through time

Sarn is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sarn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sarn, in Powys and Montgomeryshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25649

Date accessed: 09th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sarn ".