Place:


Blaenllynfi  Brecknockshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Blaenllynfi like this:

BLAENLLYNFI, a quondam borough town in Cathedine parish, Brecon; near Llynsaviddan lake, 7½ miles NW of Crickhowel. Remains stand here, low broken walls and a deep fossé, of a castle which is thought to have been the residence of Prince Hwgan early in the 10th century, and was afterwards the seat of the Norman lord of Welsh Talgarth.

Blaenllynfi through time

Blaenllynfi is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Blaenllynfi itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blaenllynfi, in Powys and Brecknockshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25594

Date accessed: 15th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Blaenllynfi ".