Place:


Stockton Heath  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stockton Heath like this:

STOCKTON-HEATH, a village in Great Budworth parish, and a chapelry partly also in Runcorn parish, Cheshire. The village stands on the Bridgewater canal, 1 mile S of Warrington r. station; has a post-office under Warrington, and a police station with lock-up; and carries on extensively a manufacture of spades. The chapelry was constituted in 1838. Pop., 1,763. Houses, 375. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £120. Patrons, Messrs. Greenall. . The church was built in 1826. There is a Methodist chapel.

Stockton Heath through time

Stockton Heath is now part of Warrington district. Click here for graphs and data of how Warrington has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stockton Heath itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stockton Heath, in Warrington and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2559

Date accessed: 13th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stockton Heath ".