Place:


Ingrow  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ingrow like this:

INGROW, a village in Keighley parish and a chapelry partly also in Bingley parish, W. R. Yorkshire. The village lies on the river Worth and the Keighley and Haworth railway, 1¼ mile SSW of Keighley. The chapelry bears the name of Ingrow-with-Hainworth, and was constituted in 1844. Post town, Keighley. Rated property, £8, 057. Pop., 4, 072. Houses, 877. Pop. of the Bingley portion, 2, 423. Houses, 513. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £300.* Patron, the Bishop of Ripon. The church is modern.

Additional information about this locality is available for Keighley

Ingrow through time

Ingrow is now part of Bradford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bradford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ingrow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ingrow, in Bradford and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25485

Date accessed: 18th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ingrow ".