Place:


Fulwood  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fulwood like this:

FULWOOD, a village and a chapelry in Sheffield parish, W. R. Yorkshire. The village stands in a vale, under Hallam Moors, 4 miles WSW of Sheffield r. station; and carries on steel and cutlery manufactures. The chapelry was constituted in 1849; and its post town is Sheffield. Pop., 1,801. Houses, 368. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of York. Value, £100. Patron, Miss Silcock. The church was built in 1838. There are an Independent chapel and an endowed school.

Additional information about this locality is available for Upper Hallam

Fulwood through time

Fulwood is now part of Sheffield district. Click here for graphs and data of how Sheffield has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Fulwood itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fulwood, in Sheffield and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25454

Date accessed: 18th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Fulwood ".