Place:


Llawr Y Bettws  Merionethshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llawr Y Bettws like this:

LLAWR-Y-BETTWS, a chapelry in Llanfawr parish, Merioneth; 2 miles NE of Bala r. station. It was constituted in 1865; and its Post town is Bala, under CorwenPop., 410. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £118. Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. The church was built in 1864, at a cost of £1,800; and is in the early English style.

Additional information about this locality is available for Llandderfel

Llawr Y Bettws through time

Llawr Y Bettws is now part of Gwynedd district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gwynedd has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llawr Y Bettws itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llawr Y Bettws, in Gwynedd and Merionethshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25447

Date accessed: 23rd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llawr Y Bettws ".