In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dyers Hill like this:
DYER'S-HILL, a chapelry in Sheffield parish, W. R. Yorkshire; near Sheffield town and r. station. It was constituted in 1846; and its post town is Sheffield. Pop., 7, 717. Houses, 1, 653. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £300. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop.
The Imperial Gazetteer says that Dyers Hill was near the station. A posting on RootsWeb is more specific: "St Lukes Dyers Hill, was in Sheffield Park, just at the back of the Midland Station" (http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/ENG-SHEFFIELD/2001-07/0994470297, accessed 15th Sept 2011). The location used here is the large church just east of the Midland station. Additional information about this locality is available for Sheffield
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Dyers Hill has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Sheffield. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Dyers Hill and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dyers Hill, in Sheffield and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th April 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Dyers Hill".