In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Buslingthorpe like this:
BUSLINGTHORPE, a chapelry in Leeds parish, W. R. Yorkshire; constituted in 1849. Pop., 4,548. Houses, 998. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £300.* Patrons, Five Trustees.
Additional information about this locality is available for Leeds
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Buslingthorpe has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Leeds. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Buslingthorpe and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Buslingthorpe, in Leeds and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th November 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Buslingthorpe".