In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Burmantofts like this:
BURMANTOFTS, a chapelry in Leeds parish, W. R. Yorkshire. It was constituted in 1851; and its Post Town is Leeds. Pop., 5,062. Houses, 1,133. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £210.* Patrons, Five Trustees. The church was built at a cost of about £3,000.
Additional information about this locality is available for Leeds
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Burmantofts has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Leeds. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Burmantofts and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Burmantofts, in Leeds and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th June 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Burmantofts".