Place:


Langton  Westmorland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Langton like this:

LANGTON., a hamlet in Appleby-St. Michael parish, Westmoreland; 1¼ mile E of Appleby. It belonged to the Veteriponts and the Clevelands; appears to have been, at one time, well inhabited; and had a church or chapel which was burnt, in 1328, by the Scots.

Additional information about this locality is available for Murton

Langton through time

Langton is now part of Eden district. Click here for graphs and data of how Eden has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Langton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Langton, in Eden and Westmorland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25383

Date accessed: 19th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Langton ".