Place:


Bignall End  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bignall End like this:

BIGNALL-END, a township in Audley parish, Stafford; 3 miles WSW of Kidsgrove r. station, and 4 NW of Newcastle-under-Lyne. Real property, £2,393; of which £800 are in mines. Pop., 737. Houses, 152.

Additional information about this locality is available for Audley

Bignall End through time

Bignall End is now part of Newcastle under Lyme district. Click here for graphs and data of how Newcastle under Lyme has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bignall End itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bignall End, in Newcastle under Lyme and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25340

Date accessed: 17th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bignall End ".