Place:


Sandford  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sandford like this:

SANDFORD, a township in West Felton parish, Salop; 5½ miles S E of Oswestry. Pop., 92. S. Hall has, sinceabout the Norman conquest, been the seat of the Sandford family, one of whom was Bishop Sand ford.

Additional information about this locality is available for West Felton

Sandford through time

Sandford is now part of Oswestry district. Click here for graphs and data of how Oswestry has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sandford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sandford, in Oswestry and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25326

Date accessed: 21st April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sandford ".