Place:


Oxon  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Oxon like this:

OXON and SHELTON, a township-chapelry in St. Chad parish, Salop; on the river Severn, 2 miles W N W of Shrewsbury. Post-town, Shrewsbury. Rated property, £3, 840. Pop., 430. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, not reported. Patron, the Vicar of St. Chad. The church is good.

Additional information about this locality is available for Bicton

Oxon through time

Oxon is now part of Shrewsbury and Atcham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shrewsbury and Atcham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Oxon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Oxon, in Shrewsbury and Atcham and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25322

Date accessed: 22nd August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Oxon ".