Place:


Langley  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Langley like this:

LANGLEY, a township, conjoint with Ruckley, in Acton-Burnell parish, Salop; 5½ miles W of Much-Wenlock. Pop., 78. Houses, 16. The manor belongs to Sir Edward J. Smythe, Bart. A small chapel is here, but is seldom used.

Additional information about this locality is available for Acton Burnell

Langley through time

Langley is now part of Shrewsbury and Atcham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shrewsbury and Atcham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Langley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Langley, in Shrewsbury and Atcham and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25315

Date accessed: 19th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Langley ".